177 submissions total
(148 original full papers + 29 overview abstracts)
Participants were invited to submit manuscripts, whether full papers or abstracts, to the ECAL 2011 conference in Paris, for which a list of relevant topics was available in the Themes page.
ECAL united with ISAL/Alife
We are glad to announce that, starting this year, the ECAL conference series has united with the International Society of Artificial Life (ISAL).
ISAL is an international professional society dedicated to promoting scientific research and education relating to artificial life. In particular, ISAL organizes the biannual International Conference on Artificial Life (Alife series) and publishes the preeminent scholarly journal Artificial Life through MIT Press.
Proceedings with MIT Press
Therefore, every accepted full-paper and abstract submitted to the ECAL 2011 conference (not to the satellite workshops, which are independently managed), will be published by MIT Press in a single online open-access proceedings volume.
Best papers in Artificial Life journal
Moreover, the top 10 accepted publications will have the opportunity to publish a revised and expanded version of their conference paper in the Artificial Life journal.
Paper and abstract format
There were two options for submission: either full paper or abstract. The format was exactly the same for both options (see submission instructions above). The only difference resided in the number of pages and type of contents:
- Full papers had an 8-page maximum length and were required to report on new, unpublished work
- Abstracts were limited to a 2-page length and were asked to discuss work previously published in a journal. It was therefore essential that a reference to the previous article was clearly cited in the abstract.
All submissions underwent peer review by the program committee, and all accepted submissions were allocated either an oral presentation slot or a poster slot with no distinction being made between the two submission options (full paper or abstract).
Online submission instructions (closed)
1. To properly format their contributions, participants had to download the following formatting instructions and template files:
Note that color figures were possible, since the proceedings will be published in e-format online.
2. Papers had then to be uploaded in one single file, in PDF format exclusively, to the EasyChair conference system. No other format was accepted.
… SORRY, SUBMISSION TO THE CONFERENCE IS NOW CLOSED …
- Paper & abstract submission: April 17, 2011
- Paper & abstract notification: May 27, 2011
- Camera-ready versions: June 14, 2011
- Early registration rates: March 15-June 14, 2011
- Standard registration rates: June 15-July 23, 2011
- Late/onsite registration rates: July 24-August 12, 2011
- Conference: August 8-12, 2011
>> Workshop papers are managed separately from the main conference. To submit a paper to a workshop, go to its dedicated website, which is listed in the Workshops page. <<